Saturday, August 22, 2009

Future Plans...the final frontier

It's strange to say, but this class (Intro the Graphic Design and Illustration) is the last class I need to fulfill my requirements for the Commercial part of my double BFA in Studio and Commercial Art. I finished my Studio classes a couple years ago or so and kept on taking classes, mainly because I was always interested in illustration. I'm a big comics and children's books fan. After a while, I decided that I might as well just go for a Commercial Art degree too. My Illustration classes were great--our little group (Ed, Kyle, Dave, Kristen, Seffy, Christine, Marcus, Megan) was very very talented I believe--and I took one with Josh Cotter, two back-to-back with Mr. Lynch and finished with one by Chris Willey. (I still can't keep all of the Illo class names straight...Concepts, Illo 1, Illo 2, uhm, uh...) Overall, one of my main goals in my Illo classes was to bring my Studio Art-Painting skills (thanks, Louder!) to my illos and incorporate my loose painting style and bright colors. For the heck of it, I started using India Ink in my illos, and I still like the way that that has worked out (like drawing and painting and painting and drawing at the same time). In the future, I'd like to get a children's book published, write a novel, teach at a community college, and/or be a stay-at-home Dad to my future children, Forrest, Denard, and Barbara Jr.

1 comment:

  1. It is very weird that you are taking this class last, but I am glad that you are taking it. My guess is that you will learn a lot about digital illustration that you didn't know already. Be adventurous you can do it. I glad to hear that you love India ink. It can be difficult to handle but well worth it. I am a little frustrated that mine doesn't dry solid but can be smeared around if gotten wet again by another layer.

    ReplyDelete